Engage Youth Co. is obsessed with marketing for the moment we live in. We have an insatiable desire to help brands navigate the ever-changing waters of digital and social marketing and emerging technologies.
We’re looking for an Account Director to lead this work, by providing insights-driven strategies, strengthening client & partner agency relationships, collaborating with cross-departmental teams, while growing and mentoring your teams.
The task at hand (AKA the role & responsibilities)
- Inspire, motivate, and mentor Client Service teams in Engage Youth Co.’s commitment to providing best-in-class social & digital marketing counsel, while contributing to the career growth of your team members. You will communicate directly into a VP or SVP, overseeing several client “brand families”, while managing and motivating a team of Account Supervisors that are typically managing 2-4 brands.
- Develop and deliver a senior-level social strategy to CMO-level clients, derived from industry insights and category expertise. (Our client’s challenges become ours! We need to understand their highly-individual market conditions, and the levers of growth to focus on that will drive business results)
- Eat, breathe, and sleep today’s digital & mobile consumer, to develop brand-specific strategies that, ultimately, help them sell shit (that’s why we love social and digital marketing, after all!).
- Guide and contribute to the development of Creative ideas and deliverables
- Be well versed in the various Paid Media and Measurement opportunities in social, digital, and broader marketing mix, to provide client recommendations on the proper social & digital KPIs, based on brand-specific goals. Working knowledge of Facebook and Twitter’s Ad products is essential, as well as maturing platforms including Instagram, Pinterest, and Snapchat.
- Identify and help sell-through incremental campaign opportunities to clients, that help them achieve the most efficient returns & results on their overall marketing dollars
- The ability to navigate a portfolio of brands within a larger conglomerate or business group, gain an understanding of their unique company architectures, to build and strengthen relationships with essential stakeholders
- Responsible for assignments centered around operational and internal initiatives, as provided by the Leadership team
- Collaborate with the leaders of other departments (Creative, Production, Analytics/Insights, Media, Community Management) to improve and execute on client deliverables, process, and output
- Contribute to the continued growth and stability of Engage Youth Co., by being empowered to make decisions that are best for the company both today and tomorrow
The ideal candidate has:
- A Bachelor’s degree or Entrepreneurial street creds and 7-10 years of experience working within the social/digital and agency space
- Advanced written and presentation communication skills
- A proven understanding and expertise in brand strategy, as well as the social/digital space and how it integrates with the wider marketing mix for Fortune 500 size brands
- Foster strong relationships and collaboration with cross-discipline teams that include Creative, Project Management, Media, and Analytics — from initial brief and brainstorm to campaign execution and measurement
- Strategic understanding of traditional, digital, and social-specific media planning & buying, along with the proper metrics of success and measurement opportunities
- Experience leading and managing growing teams of at least 10 people
- Top-notch social and communication skills to deliver impeccable strategic social counsel
- An infectious smile, upbeat demeanor, and warm personality that contributes to already ridiculously-strong company culture.